What We Believe
Every organization has a set of beliefs by which they operate by. Listed below is our Statement of Beliefs, which we have summarized for you to read. Just like the early Church we have taken what we believe Scripture clearly teaches about the Christian faith and doctrines and summarized them below.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- God is the creator, who has revealed Himself in the Trinity in the persons of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the divinity and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, and in His miraculous ministry, His suffering and death on the cross as the only Saviour for the sins of the world by the shedding of His blood, and He was resurrected from the dead.
- Jesus will return to the earth as its final judge of the living and the dead.
- All people fall short of God’s perfect standard and can only find forgiveness through faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ.
- All people who have put their faith in Christ will witness a transformation in their lives, exemplified by repentance and holiness of conduct.
- Christian baptism, by full immersion in water, for those who have personally placed their faith in Christ.
- The regular celebrating of the Lord’s Supper (Communion), remembering Christ’s saving work.
- The baptism or infilling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in unknown languages.
- The miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- God heals the sick today, through active faith in His grace.
- The power and effectiveness of prayer.
- God’s community of believers, the local church and its responsibility to spread the message of the Gospel to all people and nations.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further explanation or information, or call the church on 03 5174 3759.